|You might also like:||Beginning Readers' Classroom Activities for Little Explorers||The US Flag - Multiple choice comprehension quiz||Count by 5s - Early Multiplication||Long A Phonics Worksheet: Multiple Choice Worksheet Printout||Count by 4s - Early Multiplication||Today's featured page: Toys, Fun and Games (English/French) PICTURE DICTIONARY|
K-1 Continents Quiz Activity Instructions:
|Depending on the level of the students, you can have them tell you the answers out loud (after raising their hand), or have them write the answers down, copying the words from the dictionary. If you like, you can keep score of which person (or group) finds the most answers.|
The students will do their work at a computer (or in small groups of 2 to 3 students at a computer). The teacher asks the students (some of) the questions listed below.
To answer the questions, the students must go to the right page in the dictionary by clicking on the correct letter at the top of the Little Explorers page. They will then look at the pictures on the page to answer the question.
1. This word starts with a "C." The land on Earth is divided into large land masses. What are they called? Answer: Continents
2. This word starts with an "N." It is the continent that contains Canada, the United States and Mexico. What is it called? Answer: North America
3. This word starts with an "S." This continent has many countries in it, including Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, and others. What is it called? Answer: South America
4. This word starts with an "E." It is a continent that borders Asia. Some of the countries in this continent are England, Ireland, France, Italy, and Germany. What is it called? Answer: Europe
5. This continent starts with an "A." It is a country, an island, and a continent. It is home to kangaroos and koalas. What is it called? Answer: Australia
6. This continent starts with an "A." It is a large continent that borders Europe. Some of the countries in this continent are China, Japan, and India. What is it called? Answer: Asia
7. This continent starts with an "A." It is located around the South Pole of the Earth. It is home to penguins. What is it called? Answer: Antarctica
8. This word starts with an "A." It is divided into many countries, including Zaire, Egypt, and Mali. It is home to lions, zebras, antelopes, and many other animals. What is it called? Answer: Africa
Find It! Quizzes
|Little Explorers Quizzes||Zoom Astronomy Quizzes||Zoom Bird Quizzes||Zoom Butterfly Quizzes||Zoom Dinosaur Quizzes||Zoom Rainforest Quizzes||Zoom Whale Quizzes|
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|