EnchantedLearning.com is a user-supported site.
As a bonus, site members have access to a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages.
Click here to learn more.
(Already a member?
grade-level estimate for this page: 4th - 6th
Stars Find it! in Zoom Astronomy
- Print-out for Grade 3-5
Use the section on the
to answer the following questions.
1. Are stars made mostly of solids, liquids, or gases? __________________
2. What is the name of the reaction that occurs in the core of a star that makes star hot and luminescent?_______________________
3. Stars primarily burn what element as fuel? ____________________
4. What is the name of a system in which two stars orbit one another?_______________________
5. What is the name of the galaxy in which our Solar System is located? _____________________
6. Which star is closest to the Earth? _______________________
7. Which starts live longer, giant stars or smaller stars?_______________________
8. Stars twinkle when we see them because their light is distorted by the Earth's _______________________ .
9. What is the name of a groups of up to about 1,000 stars? ______________________
10. Do stars ever turn into black holes? ______________________
Back to classroom activities for Zoom Astronomy
: Grade 3-5
: astronomy, science, reading, writing, introduction to research on the Internet
Enchanted Learning Search
Search the Enchanted Learning website for:
How to cite a web page