EnchantedLearning.com is a user-supported site.
As a bonus, site members have access to a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages.
Click here to learn more.
(Already a member?
grade-level estimate for this page: 3rd - 4th
The Sun Find it! in Zoom Astronomy
- Print-out for Grade 3-5
Use the section on the
to answer the following questions.
1. Is the Sun a star, a planet, or a nebula?_______________________
2. Is the Sun solid, liquid, or gaseous ?_______________________
3. During what month is the Sun closest to the Earth?_____________________
4. Where is the Sun hottest?_______________________
5. Where is the Sun coolest?_______________________
6. What element is most plentiful on the Sun?_______________________
7. What element was named after the Sun?_______________________
8. What is the primary atomic reaction that occurs within the Sun that converts hydrogen atoms into helium atoms? _______________________
9. How old is the Sun? ______________________
10. Are sunspots hotter or colder than the surrounding areas?_______________________
Back to classroom activities for Zoom Astronomy
: Grade 3-5
: astronomy, science, reading, writing, introduction to research on the Internet
Enchanted Learning Search
Search the Enchanted Learning website for:
How to cite a web page