EnchantedLearning.com is a user-supported site.
As a bonus, site members have access to a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages.
Click here to learn more.
(Already a member?
grade-level estimate for this page: 6th
Plate Tectonics Find it! in Zoom Astronomy
- Print-out for Grade 3-5
Use the section on the
to answer the following questions.
1. Do plates move horizontally, vertically, or both?_________________
2. What do plates float on?_______________________
3. What type of rock are oceanic plates made of?_______________________
4. What type of rock are continental plates made of?_______________________
5. What is the name of the are where the crust goes back down into the Earth? _____________________
6. What is the process of new crust formation called? _______________________
7. When two continental plates collide, what types of mountains are formed?_______________________
8. What is the name of the supercontinent that existed about 200 million through 100 million years ago? _______________________
9. Who first stated the theory of continental drift? ______________________
10. Name a fossil that was found on different continents and was used to support the theory of continental drift. ______________________
Back to classroom activities for Zoom Astronomy
: Grade 3-5
: earth, plate tectonics, continental drift, science, reading, writing, introduction to research on the Internet
Enchanted Learning Search
Search the Enchanted Learning website for:
How to cite a web page