For Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School Grades:
- Instructional dinosaur print-outs. These K-3 level templates are designed as academic print-outs, for making a dinosaur booklets, for cut-outs used in dinosaur crafts, for coloring, or any other instructional uses.
- First grade Dinosaur-math games! Do simple addition or subtraction problems and letter substitutions to answer dinosaur questions.
- Word Hunt Activities! See how many words you can make from a dinosaur's name. For second and third graders.
- Word-Unscrambling Activities! Can you unscramble the words to answer dinosaur questions. Activities for grades 2-3 and 3-6.
- Word Search Puzzle! See how many of the hidden dinosaur words you can find in the letter grid. For second and third graders.
ASSORTED CLASSROOM RESOURCES
- Papier-mâché dinosaur hats! Make papier-mâché dinosaur hats using balloons, newspaper, flour-water glue, and paint.
- Make stuffed paper dinosaurs! Make stuffed dinosaur dinosaurs using paper, newspaper, scissors, staples, and paint. An activity for preschool through early elementary school. Learn about dinosaurs, their unknown coloration and features.
- The Cleveland Museum of Natural History has a Teacher's Guide for Dinosaurs with suggested activities, for grades K-2.
- Learning from the Fossil Record from the UCMP, Berkeley, lists classroom activities, educational resources, and more.
- Finding and dating fossils from Newton's Apple, with questions, discussion, a list of resources, and an activity.
- Assembling a dinosaur skeleton from Newton's Apple, with questions, discussion, a list of resources, and an activity.
- A Teacher's Guide to the Geology of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park which includes lessons plans on plate tectonics, lava, and many other volcano topics.
- The National Science Education Standards.
- AskERIC - Resources for educators.
UC Museum of Paleontology
Royal Tyrrell Museum
Hooper Virtual Natural History Museum - Excellent discussions on many paleo topics.
The Field Museum of Natural History
||Links and Awards
Zoom Dinosaurs was a "Cool Science Site of the Day" at the National Academy Press, September 3, 1997
Listed at P. J. Pinchbeck's Homework Helper under Science, as "All About Dinosaurs --A fascinating and informative site on dinosaurs...great for young children ."
Zoom Dinosaurs has been selected as a featured site in StudyWeb as "one of the best educational resources on the Web by our researchers." It can be found in the Paleontology section.
Featured in The Password, an internet magazine.
Over 35,000 Web Pages
Sample Pages for Prospective Subscribers, or click below
Enchanted Learning Search
Search the Enchanted Learning website for:
EnchantedLearning.com ------ How to cite a web page