Awards and Honors
- A NASA-Langley Cool Link, as of Dec. 2, 1996 -- "Little Explorers - A Picture Dictionary for preschoolers and elementary students"
- We were listed on Netscape's "What's New" page from Jan. 25 - 31, 1997 -- "With help from a picture dictionary, preschoolers can surf the Web and link to hundreds of carefully chosen fun and educational activities."
- Listed as an American Library Association's "GREAT SITES FOR CHILDREN", listed under Arts and Entertainment - Fun for young children. -- "Little Explorers Click on a letter of the alphabet and connect to, not one, but many many pictures of works with that letter and hot links to websites about that word."
- Chosen as the Internet Public Library's Resource of the Week, March 30, 1998. A great picture dictionary for kids! Cute pictures and simple definitions make this a perfect dictionary for beginning readers. English-French, English-Spanish, English-German, and English-Portugese versions are also available.
- A featured site in StudyWeb
- Given 4 stars (out of a possible 4) at the Galactic Galaxy. Enchanted Learning Software creates children's educational software games designed to stimulate creativity, learning, enjoyment, and imagination. Site has lots of activities for ages 2 and up.
- A USA Today Hot Site for January 17-19, 1997 -- "A very nicely done online dictionary for kids has to be both fun and informative, which is what you'll find at Little Explorers."
- Nikkei Netn@vi Site of the Day, Jan. 19, 1997
- Nominated as a Wise Owl Site of the Month
- Zoom Dinosaurs was a "Cool Science Site of the Day" at the National Academy Press, September 3, 1997
- One of the Exploratorium's Top Ten Cool Sites for the month of Dec., 1996, now in the Top Ten Cool Sites past winners' archive (and there's a version in Japanese at Gakken Science Kids) -- "Little Explorers -An alphabetic exploration for the youngest web surfers. Links are carefully chosen, so the content is appropriate for small children."
- O Globo Site of the Day, Jan. 20, 1997, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Cyber Snoop featured site of the week, Oct. 20, 1998.--"Here's a neat one: Little Explorers is a multi-lingual picture dictionary with links that make exploring the web easy and safe for children, while teaching language skills."
- A featured site in the CyberSplash contest on KFBK radio (Sacramento, CA), one of three daily winners on Jan. 17, 1997.
- Puget Sound Community School-Sites of the Month, one of the Top 10 Educational Resources for Dec. 1996 -- "Little Explorers - Here's a site set up with preschool-aged youth in mind."
- The Safe for Kids Site Of The Week for the week starting Dec. 1, 1996
Dr. Webster's Site of the Day, on December 5, 1996 -- "Little Explorers. An essential site for children."
- The Blue Planet Cool Site for Dec. 17, 1996
- The 'Elite Touch of Class' Award, as of Dec. 19, 1996
- The Cool Site of the Hour, on Dec. 22, 1996
- The Web Page of the Day for Dec. 26, 1996
- One of AT&T's Top 10 Sites for Dec. 31, 1996, to Jan. 5, 1997 -- "Little Explorers - A simple idea for those teeny surfers (or 'busy little brains' as this site calls them) - click on a letter from the Little Explorers Alphabet, and you get a collection of words (and pictures) beginning with that letter. Click on any of those and you get jumped to a relevant web-page (possibly part of this project, or possibly somewhere else). Suitable for children up to and including primary school age accompanied by an interested adult."
- The featured "xtra cool" site on Jan. 2, 1997, at XTRA's Buzz for Kidz in New Zealand -- "Wanting a fun way to navigate around the Web? At Little Explorers you can explore using a picture dictionary. It's fast, fun and cool."
- Winner at Share Your Ideas!, Jan. 17, 1997 -- "... a great site for little ones just getting started on the Internet. www.enchantedlearning.com"
- Chosen as Aaron's Dad's Kidsite of the Week for the week of Jan. 26, 1997. -- "For the youngest kids, it's a very simple dictionary: click a letter, and go to a page filled with words beginning with that letter. Then it gets a bit weird, because once you're on the "M" page, for example, you can click the "Mother Goose" picture and explore nursery rhymes, or you can click the "Money" picture and find yourself on a page called "Concepts of Investing". None of the links are bad for kids, but many are more than a bit advanced for kids who are here to play with a very simple dictionary."
- Received ProgramONE Radio Network's Award of Excellence, and included in the Internet news talk radio network's PRN Daily Report on Jan. 18, 1997
- EarthLink Site of the Day, Jan. 18-19, 1997
- Site of the Day on Jan. 27, 1997, at Lenox Elementary School, Portland, Oregon -- "Pre-school and Kindergarten teachers, this is a great site for young children. Give it a try!!!"
Over 35,000 Web Pages
Sample Pages for Prospective Subscribers, or click below
Enchanted Learning Search
Search the Enchanted Learning website for:
EnchantedLearning.com ------ How to cite a web page