Education Links to Little Explorers
- Listed as an early childhood education resource at the Department of Education
- Listed at California State University, Northridge as a recommended resource for teachers by professors of Elementary Education -- "Little Explorers, designed by Enchanted Learning Software, is an easy-to-use picture dictionary with Web sites for preschool kids. The collection provides a wealth of information and online activities for any elementary school student."
- Listed on the BBC education web index "Exciting and visually appealing picture dictionary site provides a superb introduction to navigating on the WWW. Each picture, when clicked on, links to a relevant website, giving students a feel for 'net-surfing'. Some text may need adult help to be read. Flexible resource good for use with small groups to explore the possibilities of the internet."
- Chosen as the Internet Public Library's Resource of the Week, March 30, 1998. A great picture dictionary for kids! Cute pictures and simple definitions make this a perfect dictionary for beginning readers. English-French, English-Spanish, English-German, and English-Portugese versions are also available.
- Included in Cornell University's Kids on Campus Hands-On Web Demonstration. Kids on Campus is an annual computer day for elementary-school students, sponsored by Cornell Theory Center as part of NSF's National Science and Technology Week.
- Featured in Western Michigan University Libraries for the Week of January 27, 1997. -- "A picture dictionary for children that 'lets children enter the World Wide Web...' Designed for elementary students and preschoolers. Check this one out if you have young children or grandchildren who want to be with you while you're surfing."
- Listed at Oklahoma State University-Okmulgee Teaching-Learning Center "For the Youngest Set"
- Included in Language Arts Resources for "Multimedia Production in Education" at the University of Arizona
- Listed at the Wisconsin Dept. of Public Instruction, Education Resource List, Sites for Children
- Listed (and given an A+) at the teacher center at the Minot North Dakota Public Schools
- Listed at King Kaumuali'i Elementary School in Hawaii.
- A featured Site for Pre-Schoolers at the Litchfield Park Elementary District Internet Workshop, Jan. 25, 1997
- A Favorite Site at Meadowlark Ridge Elementary School, in Salina, KS
- Listed on Mrs. White's Kindergarten Page, from the Wampus School, in Armonk, NY
- Listed at the Student Resource Page, under Younger Kids, at William Byrd Middle School, in Vinton, VA
- Listed as an Alive! Excellence in Education resource
- Featured in the Online Educator (under the heading: Language) -- "Even the youngest children are fascinated with the Internet. Make their surfing sessions educational as well as fun with Little Explorers' online dictionary. The child simply points and clicks on a letter and a word starting with that letter pops up on the screen. This is a great way to get the young ones started online. "
- Included in the Internet Resource Directory for Educators (under Homeschooling, Language Arts) -- "Little Explorers - This image-intensive site allows children, particularly pre-readers, to develop reading skills incidentally. Click on any letter of the alphabet to load a screen of images beginning with that letter. The word label accompanies each image. Many of these images are linked to other internet pages, devoted to the topic, or a cool larger picture. All links are child-safe and child-friendly."
- Included in the Mining Company's site on Libraries -- "Little Explorers - Picture Dictionary with links to sites relating to the pictures. Several dual language versions. One of ALA's (American Library Association) Great Sites!."
- Listed at the Early Childhood Educators' and Family Web Corner on both the Teacher Pages (under Content Sites for Kids on the Internet) and the Family Pages (under Just for the Fun of It)
- Featured on the Creative Writing for Kids page at the Mining Company.
- Featured on the TCI Cablevision of Tulsa - Metrovue Education Page
- Included in the Curriculum Standards Framework, under "Using the Internet in the Studies of Society and the Environment," for the South East Region Computer Technology Centre, which provides computer technology and curriculum support to schools in Victoria, Australia
- Listed at the Western Cape Schools' Network, a consortium of schools in Cape Town, South Africa, organized to promote the use of the Internet in education
- Listed in the University of Cape Town's Computer-Based Education pages
- Listed as an on-line reference at Parkwood Elementary School's Instructional Technology Center, Maryland Heights, MO
- Listed in B. J. Pinchbeck's Homework Helper -- "Little Explorers -- A wonderful educational site for preschoolers and elementary school students"
- Listed in My Virtual Reference Desk -- "Little Explorers- a website that lets preschoolers and elementary students surf the web easily. Children use a picture dictionary format to link to over 400 carefully chosen, fun educational activities."
- Listed at Rockbridge Regional Library, Children's Services (Lexington, VA)
- Kenton County Public Library Children's Department.
- Listed at gocopernicus.com , a K-12 reference site.
- Listed as a Cool Educational Web Site at Fourth R -- "Enchanted Learning's Children's Dictionary - A great start page for elementary and early readers."
- Chosen as Pat's pick for January 27, 1997, at Putnam Valley Elementary School, in Putnam Valley, NY. -- Pat says, "This week's pick is brought to you by Mrs. Maureen Beyrer of our Elementary School. She says, 'You may want to check this site out. Kids can click on a letter of the alphabet and find words with pictures. They can then click on the pictures to visit appropiate sites for their age level. It looks like even pre-readers can navigate to some interesting sites.' I took Maureen's advice and visited this site. It really is a great site for pre-schoolers and elementary-aged children. Thanks Maureen, for making this week's site an easy pick!"
- Listed on the page of Cool Kid Links at Everton Elementary School, in Connersville, IN.
- Included in the Indian Hill Treasure Hunt at Indian Hill Primary School, in Cincinnati, OH. -- Question 7 is: "When you go to Enchanted Learning's Little Explorers, you will find lots of information about many things. Start by clicking on the letter 'C.' Choose calendar and tell me the name of February's flower. Look at your favorite letters and explore some more."
- Listed at Kids' Korner under Education, for December, 1996
- Listed in Ameritech's Schoolhouse and Ameritech's Family Resources -- About Little Explorers: "Click on a letter and it will give words and pictures. Pre-schoolers can use this with a little help. This is a great place to visit! From Enchanted Learning."
- Listed as a helpful link for homeschoolers at My Homeschoolers Homepage
- Listed in Homeschooling on a Shoestring links
- Recommended at the King County (WA) Libraries under Homework topics and as a "Fun Kid and Family Web Site"
- Used as a resource at Vineland Elementary school -- Great places for the very young! For more good links for young surfers, check out the Little Explorers Page. Click on letters of the alphabet to view pages of a picture dictionary. The pictures will link you to connect-the-dots games, scrambled dinosaurs, nursery rhymes and stories, and more."
- Listed at the Douglas Library in Littleton, CO.
- Listed in One Look Dictionaries
- Listed in InfoVlad Online Dictionaries -- search for "picture dictionary"
- Listed in the Colibri Dictionaries Page
- Listed in the On-line Dictionaries page of the Institute of Natural Language Processing at Stuttgart University
- Listed in the Human Languages Page, under Language and Literature: English -- "Little Explorers - by Enchanted Learning Software. Click on an English letter and see words that begin with that letter (click on a word for an activity)."
- Listed on the Site Evaluation Discussion Archive at the Online Internet Institute
- Listed at the Real Kids, Real Adventures Teacher's Lounge "Cool Teacher's Tools"
- Listed in the Argus Clearinghouse Internet research library
Over 35,000 Web Pages
Sample Pages for Prospective Subscribers, or click below
Enchanted Learning Search
Search the Enchanted Learning website for:
EnchantedLearning.com ------ How to cite a web page