|You might also like:||Bears||Bear Printouts||Bear Quiz Printout||Bear Printout||Student Research Activity - Bear Quiz||Today's featured page: Butterfly Garden Plants|
|Our subscribers' grade-level estimate for this page: 1st|
K-1 Bear Quiz Activity Instructions:
|Depending on the level of the students, you can have them tell you the answers out loud (after raising their hand), or have them write the answers down, copying the words from the dictionary. If you like, you can keep score of which person (or group) finds the most answers.|
The students will do their work at a computer (or in small groups of 2 to 3 students at a computer). The teacher asks the students (some of) the questions listed below.
To answer the questions, the students must go to the right page in the dictionary by clicking on the correct letter at the top of the Little Explorers page. They will then look at the pictures on the page to answer the question.
1. This bear's name starts with a "P." It is black and white and lives in China. What is its name? Answer: Panda
2. This bear's name starts with a "P." It lives in the freezing Arctic. Although it looks white, it has clear-colored hair and black skin. What is its name? Answer: Polar Bear
3. This bear's name starts with a "G." It has a hump on its shoulders and has brown to gray hair. What is it called? Answer: Grizzly Bear
4. This bear's name starts with a "B." It is a big bear with a hump on its shoulders. What is its name? Answer: Brown Bear
This is a good time to point out that the grizzly bear is a type of brown bear.
5. This bear's name starts with a "B." Despite its name, it can have black or brown hair (and has no hump on its shoulder). What is its name? Answer: Black Bear
6. This bear's name starts with an "S." It is the smallest bear and is from Asia. It is also called the honey bear. What is its name? Answer: Sun Bear
7. This word starts with an "S." It is a South American bear that has markings around its eyes that look like glasses. What is its name? Answer: Spectacled Bear
8. This word starts with a "C." It is a place made of rock where some bears make their den. What is this word? Answer: Cave
9. This word starts with an "M." All bears belong to this group of animals. This type of animal has hair on its body, and the female feeds milk to its young. What is this type of animal? Answer: Mammal
10. This word starts with a "T." It is the name of a toy bear that many children like to play with. What is its name? Answer: Teddy Bear
You might want to mention that the Teddy bear was named for the US President Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt.
Find It! Quizzes
|Little Explorers Quizzes||Zoom Astronomy Quizzes||Zoom Bird Quizzes||Zoom Butterfly Quizzes||Zoom Dinosaur Quizzes||Zoom Rainforest Quizzes||Zoom Whale Quizzes|
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|