|You might also like:||Things I Would Like To Do This Month - Printable Worksheet.||Time-Related Spelling Word Questions||10 Time Words Alphabetical Order Worksheet Printout||The Calendar: Spelling Word Questions||The Months: Spelling Word Questions||Today's featured page: Turkey - Follow the Instructions|
More Cloze Activities
Read the information then answer the questions below.
There are four seasons in the year, winter, spring, summer, and fall (fall is also called autumn). Winter is the coldest season. It is followed by spring, the season in which plants start to grow again. Then comes summer, the hottest season. After that is autumn, in which the weather begins to cool off and the leaves fall from some trees. Then comes winter again.
The year can also be divided into 12 months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December. One way to remember how many days are in each month is to learn the following rhyme:
Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November;
All the rest have thirty-one,
Excepting February alone,
And it has twenty-eight days time,
But in leap years, February has twenty-nine.
The year can also be divided into 52 weeks. There are seven days in each week: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Saturday and Sunday are called the weekend.
Each year has 365 days, except leap years, which have 366 days. The first day of the year is called New Year's Day. The last day of the year is called New Year's Eve (the day before New Year's Day).
There are 24 hours in each day and about 8,765 hours in a year.
1. How many seasons are there in a year? ___________
2. What is the name of the coldest season? ____________________
3. What is another name for autumn? _____________________
4. What season comes after spring? _______________________
5. What season comes before winter? _______________________
6. How many months are there in a year? ___________
7. What month comes after January? ____________________________
8. What month comes after March? ____________________________
9. What month comes before September? ____________________________
10. What month comes before June? ____________________________
11. In a leap year, how many days are in February? ___________
12. How many days are there in May? ___________
13. How many days are there in March? ___________
14. How many days are there in January? ___________
15. How many weeks are there in a year? ____________
16. How many days are in a week? ____________
17. What day comes after Tuesday? ___________
18. What day comes before Saturday? ___________
19. If today is Friday, the day after tomorrow will be __________________.
20. How many hours are in a day? __________
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|