|You might also like:||Kangaroo Read-and-Answer Quiz Printout||BOTTLENOSE DOLPHIN - ZoomWhales.com||Giraffe Read-and-Answer Quiz||Johnny Appleseed Read-and-Answer Quiz||Anaconda Read and Answer Quiz||Today's featured page: Mars Book for Fluent Readers|
|More information on
Label Me! Printouts
Swimming: Like other whales, dolphins swim by moving their tail (called flukes) up and down. Fish swim by moving their tail left and right.
Distribution: The bottlenose dolphin is found worldwide in tropical and temperate waters. Some live offshore and others live near the coast.
Echolocation: Like other toothed whales, dolphins use echolocation, a way of sensing in which they emit high-pitched clicks and sense them as they bounce back off objects (including prey).
Diet: Bottlenose dolphins are hunters who find their prey at the surface of the water, eating mostly fish and squid.
Predators of Dolphins: Some sharks (including tiger sharks, dusky sharks, and bull sharks) and orcas will prey upon dolphins. Dolphins are also often trapped in people's fishing nets.
1. Are dolphins a type of whale or fish? ____________________________
2. What is a group of dolphins called? ____________________________
3. Dolphins swim by moving their tail _____________ and ______________.
4. Does echolocation involve high or low pitched sounds? ____________________________
5. Dolphins breathe through a ____________________________.
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|