Advertisement.

EnchantedLearning.com is a user-supported site.
As a bonus, site members have access to a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages.
Click here to learn more.

ad
(Already a member? Click here.)

EnchantedLearning.com Mother Goose
Nursery Rhymes
Picture Dictionary

Archived Teacher's Forum: Late 2001
Teaching Nursery Rhymes

There are a lot of different approaches to teaching nursery rhymes to children and many different related lessons. This forum is a place where teachers and parents can relate their experiences (or questions about) teaching with rhymes (especially using the computer). Please add your techniques so that others can benefit from your knowledge and experience!

Click here to add your experiences, lesson plans, or questions.

QUESTION?

Does anyone know of a french song with the word "Marionette" (Puppets) in it. I am currently working on a lesson plan and require french songs that incorporated the theme of "Puppets".

Thank you for your help.

[email protected]

from Michelle, Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Dec. 3, 2001

I am looking for ideas to teach the CONCEPT of rhyming in a concrete way. All of the materials I have start off with "do these words rhyme?". I have low functioning children who cannot grasp abstract concepts.

My email address is: [email protected]

Thanks for any suggestions!

from Meg Cambon, Mannheim, Germany; Nov. 29, 2001

Does anyone have the music to Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush? I am teaching a song to the tune of that rhyme and would like to play it on the piano for my 4 yr old class.

from Sherry Brown, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Nov. 28, 2001

To Michelle from Australia Sorry it took so long to reply. No I haven't heard of Brain Gym, could you give me more information on it. Many thanks. Melica

from Melica, Cambridge, England; Nov. 27, 2001

HI, thanks a lot for the wonderful idea's and suggestion it is really helpful for me and lots of others who are in the teaching line.

In my view the nursery rhymes could be printed and can be rewrite in the manila card with the drawings and can hang them in the classroom so that each and every child can remember and recite the rhymes.Please contact me my e-mail address is as follows,nazneen [email protected] and goodluck

from nazneen ariff, kualalumpur, selangor, Malaysia; Nov. 16, 2001

Hi!, I´m Leticia, I´m from Spain and I am an English teacher.I teach English to 4,7 and 8 years old. I find very interesting the Nursery Rhymes but I can´t use some of them becouse I don´t know the music I must put to them. If you know and you want tell me you can write me to: [email protected]. Thanks a lot.

from Leticia, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain; Nov. 11, 2001

Hi! I´m studying to become a teacher and I´m writing my final paper right now about "linguistic and didactic aspects of nursery rhymes". Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for your help.
Tina

from tina carstens, kiel/ germany, Germany; Nov. 10, 2001

We could try to

from Grace Sullivan, DesMoines, Iowa, USA; Oct. 29, 2001

I'm a first grade teacher and have come across a song "My Cat, the Acrobat" (sung to the tune of "This Old Man") for the 'at' word family. Has anyone heard of this program. I believe this song is one of a set, made by Kindergarten Works. I would love to purchase this program, can anyone help me with this. thanks, Stevie

from Stevie, Hicksville, NY, USA; Oct. 28, 2001

To the person who was stumped in Newyork???I think Jolly Phonics is a great program to use with children . All of the consonants and vowels have an action. It can be bought at most teachers stores. ( about $40)

from Carol Turgeon, Kakabeka Falls, Ontario, Canada; Oct. 28, 2001

melicia have you heard of brain gym ...it may be of interest and help for the chn you work with regars and hello

from michelle, australia; Oct. 16, 2001

hello solvieg
my computer wiped the articles you attached would it be possible to re send them to me. thank you. your work sounds wonderful.do you know about brain gym? i can send you details
regards and take care
michelle

from michelle, australia; Oct. 16, 2001

In response to Barbra Lee: what sort of lesson plans are you after? Do you need ideas for certain areas or the actual layout of planning? M.Walton UK

from Melica Walton, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, UK; Oct. 15, 2001

Dear Solvieg
I was interested to read about your work with massage with your classes.I teach six and seven year olds...here it is the second year of school and have been doing meditation with my class with one of the children's mums facillitating as she is a trained meditator who has worked with adults and also does reiki massage. I would be interested in hearing how you organise this with the younger children.my email is [email protected]

from Michelle, Australia; Oct. 13, 2001

ince 1996 I have been introducing massage in schools from kindergarten up to 9th graders. (The children are working in pairs - no adult involved). This is such a powerful positive force. The children loves it and it really helps them to relax and reduce stress. It also combines an opportunity to fulfill their need for love, touch and validation. Research has been done on this too. Contact me for further information. Blessings Solveig

from Solveig Berggren, Kungsbacka, Halland, Sweden; Oct. 12, 2001

I need ideas for infant lesson plans. I work in an infant room and have to have lesson plans.

from Barbara Lee, New Bern, North Carolina, USA; Oct. 5, 2001

Hi,

I am currently teaching a group of 4-5 year olds in a pre-school. i am experiencing difficulty in getting the children to remember the letter-sound association. could anybody suggest a way in which i could make it simpler and more enjoyable for the kids. Please remember that English is not spoken at home and that children have different mother-tongues.

MY EMAIL ID [email protected]

from Preeti Takle, MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA; Oct. 4, 2001

Days of the week - try "Solomon Grundy" or "Monday's Child"

Has anyone correlated the nursery rhyme sounds to Open Court Reading ?

from Kathy Pullman, Granada Hills, CA, USA; Sept. 10, 2001

I just wanted to say how wonderful it is to see people, working with children, from all over the world coming together to share ideas and information or to offer help. I come form England and currently work as a Nursery Nurse (not quite a qualified teacher (but the same workload!) in a deprived area of my local town. The children lack in what seem to us to be the most basic of needs, such as, attention,understanding, love a decent diet, but we are there to teach these children that it dosen't have to be like that for everyone. It would be great to hear from other people and there experinces in the places they work. I have added this site to my favorite list and will be returning everday to read the messages sent in, and maybe to offer ideas of my own (and take away a few!)
Best wishes

from Melica Walton, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, UK; Sept. 10, 2001

I am looking for templates to make and tell feltboard stories to 4-5 year olds. Would anyone know a website that would have them please. Robyn

from Robyn Scarinci, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia; Sept. 8, 2001

The words to the days of the week song are:

"There are seven days, there are seven days, there are seven days in a week.
(Repeat first line)
Sunday, Monday ... Tuesday, Wednesday ... Thursday, Friday, Saturday (Repeat third line)."

This is sung to the tune of "O My Darling, Clementine."

Hope this helps.

from Terri Cofskey, Taupo, New Zealand; Sept. 2, 2001

I have been searching for words to the rhyme, "Rub-A-Dub-Dub. The words I remember learning as a child are not the ones I found in my search. The way I remember the rhyme was this:
Rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub,
Out on the ocean blue;
The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker,
?????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ???

Does anyone have the last line as I remember learning it? Sincerely,
Jane Jenkins

from Jane Jenkins, Richmond, Maine, USA; Aug. 18, 2001

Do you have any casette or Cd's of the nursery rhymes that i could purchase

from Derrick Wright, Oxford, North Carolina, USA; Aug. 16, 2001

Where can i find the lyrics to some of the nursery rhymes so that i can print them off

from Derrick Wright, Oxford, North Carolina, USA; Aug. 16, 2001

I'm looking for a rhyme about the days of the week and months of the year. Can you help me?

from Nicole McElroy, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA; Aug. 13, 2001

do you have any other nursery rhymes that talks about body movement?

from anoialiva, Thailand; Aug. 9, 2001

CAN I GET A GOOD NURSERY OR PLAY GROUP AT VIKHROLI AREA....?

from JYOTI SALIAN, MUMBAI, AHARASTRA, INDIA; Aug. 9, 2001

I teach 4 & 5 year olds and need the lyrics to the Days of the Week song. They seem to learn better when there is a song or rhyme associated with the lesson. Thank you very much! I had the lyrics, but misplaced them.

from Jean Harris, Christiansburg, Virginia, USA; Aug. 5, 2001

how long has your website been on for

from hh,hh,hh; July 30, 2001
Since 1996.

I would like to hear how instructors of undergraduate courses in children's lit creatively incorporate information, lectures, experiences regarding nursery rhymes into their courses.

from Anne Daniel, College Park, Maryland, USA; July 18, 2001

Do you have any online teaching sites for the toddlers with actions and song?

from Subha Balagee, Weymoth, MA, USA; July 13, 2001

Archived Rhyme Formun Posts
Current Posts Early 2003 Late 2002 Early 2002 Late 2001 Early 2001 1999-2000

BACK TO THE RHYMES

Enchanted Learning®
Over 35,000 Web Pages
Sample Pages for Prospective Subscribers, or click below

Overview of Site
What's New
Enchanted Learning Home
Monthly Activity Calendar
Books to Print