|You might also like:||Quagga Read-and-Answer Quiz||Mockingbird Read-and-Answer Quiz||Piranha Read-and-Answer Quiz||Roadrunner Read-and-Answer Quiz||Walkingstick Read-and-Answer Quiz||Today's featured page: Fractions: Math Reader Books|
|All About Birds||EnchantedLearning.com
Label Me! Printouts
Anatomy: The kookaburra is up to 18.5 inches (47 cm) long and weighs about 1 pound (0.5 kg). The bill is up to 4 inches (10 cm) long.
Diet: The kookaburra is a carnivore (meat-eater). It eats large insects, earthworms, small reptiles, and amphibians. After catching prey, the kookaburra pounds it against a tree branch or rock, probably in order to tenderize the meat. The kookaburra doesn't drink any water; it gets enough water from the food it eats.
Eggs and Nests: Kookaburras usually nest in a hole in a tree. Females lay 2-4 white eggs in each clutch (a set of eggs laid at one time). The eggs hatch in 24 - 26 days.
1. What does the call of the kookaburra sound like? ___________________________________
2. About how long is an adult kookaburra? _______________________________
3. What does the kookaburra eat? ___________________________________
4. How does it tenderize its food? ___________________________________
5. How much water does a kookaburra drink each day? ______________________________
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|