|You might also like:||Monotreme Printout||Kangaroo Read-and-Answer Quiz Printout||Dodo Read-and-Answer Quiz||Iguana Read-and-Answer Quiz||Duck-billed Platypus Printout||Today's featured page: Art Label Me! Printouts|
|Our subscribers' grade-level estimate for this page: 3rd - 4th|
|Go to the Answers
All about Mammals
Read-and-Answer Quiz Answers
Label Me! Printouts
Anatomy: The duck-billed platypus is about the size of a pet cat. It has thick, waterproof fur all over its body (except for the feet and bill). The legs sprawl out to the side of the body, giving it a lizard-like walk. Males are venomous - they have a poisoned spike on their ankles which the platypus can use to kill small animals in self-defense.
Diet: This carnivore (meat-eater) uses its bill to strain its tiny prey, like crayfish, worms, insects, snails, and shrimp from muddy water. It can store food in cheek pouches while it is hunting underwater.
1. The female duck-billed platypus lays ___________________________.
2. What is a baby duck-billed platypus called? ___________________________
3. What does the name platypus mean? ___________________________
4. Does the platypus eat plants or meat? ___________________________
5. The male duck-billed platypus has a venomous ______________________ on the ankle.
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|