EnchantedLearning.com is a user-supported site.
As a bonus, site members have access to a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages.
Click here to learn more.
(Already a member?
You might also like:
Swedish Flag Quiz/Printout
Rhino Quiz Printout
Invention of the Incandescent Light Bulb
Today's featured page:
grade-level estimate for this page: 5th - 6th
- Print-out for Grade 3-5
Find it! in Zoom Birds
Use the page on
to answer the following questions.
1. How did the cuckoo get its name?_____________________
2. Are cuckoos herbivores (plant-eaters) or insectivores (insect-eaters)? ________________
3. Name an adaption that cuckoos have that helps them obtain food. __________________
4. Many cuckoos lay their eggs in other birds' nests and the "host" birds take care of the baby cuckoos. What is this phenomenon called? _______________________
5. Name two environments that cuckoos live in. __________________ and __________________
6. Do any cuckoos migrate? ________________________
7. How many toes do cuckoos have? ____________________
8. Is the roadrunner a type of cuckoo? ______________________
9. How fast can a roadrunner run? ______________________
10. Cuckoos are birds. What Linnean class do birds belong to? ___________________
Back to Zoom Birds
: Grade 3-5
: cuckoos, birds, science, reading, writing, introduction to research on the Internet
How to cite a web page
This activities may be printed for non-commercial educational uses only.