|You might also like:||Penguin -- Brainstorming Activity||Student Research Activity - Penguin Quiz||Penguin Shape Book: Word Unscramble||Penguin Poem||Penguin Quiz Printout||Today's featured page: Books About Family and Friends Early Readers Books|
K-1 Penguin Quiz Activity Instructions:
|Depending on the level of the students, you can have them tell you the answers out loud (after raising their hand), or have them write the answers down, copying the words from the dictionary. If you like, you can keep score of which person (or group) finds the most answers.|
The students will do their work at a computer (or in small groups of 2 to 3 students at a computer). The teacher asks the students (some of) the questions listed below.
To answer the questions, the students must go to the right page in the dictionary by clicking on the correct letter at the top of the Little Explorers page. They will then look at the pictures on the page to answer the question.
1. This bird's name starts with a "P." This black-and-white bird cannot fly but it swims very well. What is it called? Answer: Penguin
2. This word starts with a "B." It is the name of the hard, outer part of a penguin's mouth. What is it called? beak (or bill)
3. This word starts with an "F." Penguins eat this type of animal. What is it? fish
4. This word starts with an "F." A penguin's body is covered with these. What are they called? feathers
5. This penguin's name starts with an "E." This is the largest type of penguin . What is it called? emperor penguin
6. This word starts with an "A." It is the name of the continent surrounding the South Pole, on which some penguins live. What is this continent? Antarctica
7. This penguin's name starts with an "A." It lives on islands off southern Africa. What is it called? African penguin
8. This penguin's name starts with an "M." It is a type of penguin that has a yellow head crest (tall feathers) on its head. What is it called? macaroni penguin
9. This penguin's name starts with an "R." It is a type of penguin that has a head crest and hops on rocks. What is it called? rock-hopper penguin
10. This word starts with an "F." It is the part of a penguin's body that is webbed; it helps the penguin swim. What is it called? foot
For a page on penguins, click here.
Find It! Quizzes
|Little Explorers Quizzes||Zoom Astronomy Quizzes||Zoom Bird Quizzes||Zoom Butterfly Quizzes||Zoom Dinosaur Quizzes||Zoom Rainforest Quizzes||Zoom Whale Quizzes|
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|