Create your own prehistoric dinosaur scene in a box. Just print out the dinosaurs, paste, color, cut, arrange them in the box, and – welcome to the Mesozoic Era, the “Age of Dinosaurs.”
- Paper and a printer (stiff paper works best - colored paper is great)
- Shoe box or slightly larger box
- Crayons and/or markers
- Paste (a glue stick works well)
- Tape, thread, pipe cleaners
- Optional – Glitter (for great lava!)
- Optional – Cotton puffs (for clouds)
- Optional – Thin cardboard to glue to the back of the animals if the paper is very flimsy (old cereal boxes work well)
Click here for more information on the Cretaceous period, its climate, and what animals and plants lived then. You can also find dinosaur information on Enchanted Learning, including information sheets and other classroom activities about all the dinosaurs pictured here (and many others).
This template can be used as cutouts when making a Cretaceous period dinosaur diorama. It includes T. rex, Triceratops, Maiasaura, Pteranodon, and plants.
This template can be used as cutouts when making a Cretaceous period dinosaur diorama. It includes small T. rex, Troödon, Ankylosaurus, Pachycephalosaurs, Parasaurolophus, and plants.