Make your own sidewalk chalk from plaster of Paris.
Estimated Time: 60 minutes
- Plaster of Paris
- Large plastic bowl (like a big cottage cheese container)
- Stirrer (to mix the plaster)
- Tempera paint (liquid or powder)
- Disposable plastic gloves
- Small paper cups, an egg carton, or paper tubes reinforced with duct tape
When the plaster of Paris hardens (in about 20-30 minutes), take the chalk out of the containers. It won’t be completely dry for about a day, but you can use the chalk as soon as it comes out.