This is a great way to make a personalized bank out of an old coffee can. This is a craft that your children can use for a long time.
- An empty can with a tight-fitting plastic top (like a coffee can)
- A craft knife (to cut the slot in the plastic top)
- Construction paper or fun foam (available in craft stores)
- Tape measure
- Glue (hot glue is best, but white glue does work)
- Rubber bands (only if you're using white glue instead of hot glue)
- Optional – A photo of the child
Gluing it to the can: Hot glue is the easiest, it sticks to the can well and the children can use their bank in just a few minutes when the glue cools. White glue also works, but you’ll have to secure the wrapping with a few rubber bands while the glue is drying (this takes a day or so).