This is a really fun project that makes a great toy barn; you can even play with it afterwards. The painting part of the project is a bit messy, so wear old clothes and work on a lot of newspaper. This project requires adult help and supervision (adults should cut the cardboard and supervise the painting).
- A cardboard box (pick the size that will fit your plastic animals)
- A sheet of cardboard (for the roof)
- Pencil or marker
- Scissors or a craft knife (to cut the cardboard)
- Tempera or acrylic paint (red, white, and black)
- Scrap newspaper (to protect the table)
Place the roof on the barn. You now have a fantastic barn with a removable roof! You can put your play animals in and around the barn and create a make-believe farm.