You can make this twig house using a cardboard box, twigs, and hot glue.
Make a small log cabin that you can play with for years. This project takes a lot of time and effort to make, but it’s worth it. It also uses a lot of glue and a lot of twigs. We worked for about an hour or two a day for 5 days to make two cabins. This project requires adult help and supervision (adults should cut the cardboard, use the hot glue gun, and cut the twigs).
- A small cardboard box (we used ones about 9 inches by 12 inches by 9 inches)
- A sheet of cardboard (for the roof)
- Hot glue (you'll need a lot)
- Craft knife (to cut the cardboard)
- Garden shears (to cut the twigs)
- A lot of twigs (choose the straightest ones you can find)
- Optional – Acetate (for the windows)
- Optional – Tiny pebbles and a tiny box (for a chimney)
Glue twigs to the roof.
You now have a fantastic log cabin! You can decorate the inside of the cabin, and even make tiny twig furniture.