This is a simple-to-make origami butterfly.
Estimated Time: 20 minutes
- Construction paper
- Markers or crayons
- A pipe cleaner or curling ribbon for antennae
Start making a square by folding the corner of a piece of paper over.
To finish making the square, cut off the small rectangle, forming a square (which is already folded into a triangle).
Fold the triangle in half.
- Open up the fold you just made.
- Put the triangle on the table with the central fold pointing up (like a tent).
- Fold one corner over.
- Open it up again.
- Fold the other corner over.
Open it up. You now have a butterfly shape.
- Decorate the butterfly.
- Attach two antennae made of pipe cleaners or curling ribbon (curled by pulling along a scissors).