Content Only Available to Members
Learn about the life of Martin Luther King, Jr., in this beginning reader activity book.
Print out the pages of this booklet, staple them together, then read the pages and follow the instructions. There’s a quiz to fill out at the end.
For the Teacher:
There are 2 ways to use this book!
Read it online using the interactive viewer on this page.
Print the PDF to make a short book for young readers. Make sure the pages are in the right order. Staple the pages together at the left of the page, then read the book, and optionally color the pages.
This is a beginning reader book on Martin Luther King, Jr. Learn about MLK’s life, then fill out the quiz at the end.
- Introduction to Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Birth in Atlanta, Georgia. (Dr. King’s birth. Circle King’s birthday and the national holiday on the calendar.)
- Family and Education. (Dr. King’s early life. Find Georgia and Alabama on the US map.)
- Fighting Segregation. (Dr. King becomes a minister and fights segregation. “Segregation” is defined, and the student writes 3 examples of segregation.)
- “I Have a Dream…” (Dr. King’s famous “I have a dream…” speech at the Washington Monument.)
- Late in Life. (Dr. King’s Nobel Prize, the Poor People’s Campaign, and his assassination.)
- MLK Quiz.
The quiz answers are:
- Jan. 15, 1929. (When was Martin Luther King, Jr., born?)
- Atlanta, Georgia. (In what city and state was he born?)
- Segregation. (Making white and black people use different water fountains is an example of what?)
- Washington, D.C. (In which city did Dr. King give his “I have a dream” speech?)
- April 4, 1968. (When was Dr. King murdered?)