Content Only Available to Members
This is a short, printable shape book for early readers, about the germination and early growth of a bean seed.
For the Teacher:
There are 2 ways to use this book!
Read it online using the interactive viewer on this page.
Print the PDF to make a short book for young readers. Make sure the pages are in the right order. Staple the pages together at the left of the page, then read the book, and optionally color the pages.
The information sentences used on each page in this book are:
- A bean seed will soon grow and become a bean plant.
- The first root (called the radicle) pokes through the seed coat and grows downward.
- The root grows, and the part near the seed pokes through the soil - it will be the stem.
- The first true leaves emerge from between the cotyledons.
- The stem straightens out and the shoot sprouts leaves.