Make papier-mâché dinosaur hats! Each step takes about an hour or less. A few days drying time is required between the papier-mâché part, the application of decorations, and the painting part. It is also messy, involving tearing paper, gluing it, decorating, and painting.
- One large balloon for each hat
- A lot of old newspaper and/or brown-bag paper
- Flour-water glue (instructions follow)
- Hole punch (or just use the tip of a scissors to make holes)
- Assorted paper, cardboard scraps, styrofoam scraps, egg cartons
- String or elastic for chin straps
Add string or elastic to use as a chin strap. As a costume addition, the students could drape themselves in paper that matches their mask or wear matching clothing.