Content Only Available to Members
This is a short, printable book about tsunamis for fluent readers.
- Cover page and an introduction to tsunamis.
- Read about the causes of tsunamis. Find out how these powerful waves form in warm ocean waters.
- Examine the size of a tsunami, how it is short and has a big wavelength out at sea, but the height increases at the coast. See how a tsunami increases its height as the depth of the sea decreases.
- Read about the Ring of Fire and color the oceans and continents on a map. Read about some major tsunamis.
- Compare ordinary wind-generated waves to tsunami waves. Learn why tsunami are difficult to predict.
For the Teacher:
There are 2 ways to use this book!
Read it online using the interactive viewer on this page.
Print the PDF to make a short book for young readers. Make sure the pages are in the right order. Staple the pages together at the left of the page, then read the book, and optionally color the pages.