Content Only Available to Members
A short, printable book for fluent readers with pages on the Japanese: map, flag, language, origami, haiku, and Mt. Fuji.
For the Teacher:
There are 2 ways to use this book!
Read it online using the interactive viewer on this page.
Print the PDF to make a short book for young readers. Make sure the pages are in the right order. Staple the pages together at the left of the page, then read the book, and optionally color the pages.
A short, printable book about Japan for fluent readers with pages on the map, flag, language, origami, haiku, and Mt. Fuji.
- Cover page.
- An introduction to this ancient country that is a major industrial power. Label a world map. Answers: 1. 47 2. the yen
- Color a map of the chain of islands that makes up Japan. Answers: 1. Tokyo 2. Honshu 3. Sea of Japan
- The Japanese flag is a distinctive red circle on a white field. Answers: 1. the sun 2. January 27, 1870
- Learn some common Japanese words and phrases. Answers: 1. Konnichiwa 2. Domo arigatou
- Follow the instructions to make an origami whale.
- Read about the history of haiku and write a haiku poem of your own.
- Read about Mt. Fuji and color a Hokusai picture of this snow-capped volcano.